bookfest vlogger competition
We are excited to announce a fun new competition open to all you Book Vloggers out there. Whether you’re a Youtube newbie, a seasoned micro-influencer, or somewhere in between we’d like to hear from you!
We know Bookfest is loved by bookworms all over Queensland and we are honoured to see how many Bookfest Book Haul videos have been created over the years. These videos not only get people super psyched about Bookfest but also get the message out about all the important work that Lifeline does. We thought it’s time to return the favour.
To enter the competition, simply visit Lifeline Brisbane Bookfest between 23 June and 1 July 2018, make a purchase, and then tell the online world about your haul via Youtube.
We know you were probably going to create a Haul video about Bookfest anyway, so why not try and win something along the way.
To be eligible to enter we simply ask three things. Your video must:
- feature books that you purchased from this Bookfest;
- mention Lifeline Brisbane Bookfest in the video and in the title; and
- mention one fact about Lifeline.
The winner will receive a $100 Brisbane Bookfest voucher and an invitation to vlog behind the scenes at our next Brisbane Bookfest in January 2019. Two runners up will also receive a $50 Brisbane Bookfest voucher.
Links to the winning video and the two runner-up videos will also be posted on our Facebook page.
Conditions of entry
- This competition is organised by UnitingCare Queensland (“we” or “us”).
- By entering this competition you accept these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to people of all ages.
- Employees of UnitingCare Queensland and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
- Entries are limited to one entry per person.
Duration of competition
- The competition is open from 9:00am Saturday 23 June 2018 to 11:59pm Sunday 8 July 2018.
How to enter
- In order to enter, you must:
- visit Lifeline Brisbane Bookfest between 23 June 2018 and 1 July 2018 and purchase at least one book;
- create a video of yourself talking about the book(s) you purchased at Brisbane Bookfest;
- mention Lifeline Brisbane Bookfest and a fact about Lifeline in your video; and
- post your video on Youtube and send the video link to us via a Direct Facebook Message along with your name, email address and contact number by 11:59pm Sunday 8 July 2018.
Selection of Prize Winners
- A panel of judges will choose one winning video and two runner-up videos.
- Videos will be judged on style and creativity and not necessarily on the number of fans you have. Judges’ decisions are final.
- The winner will receive a $100 Brisbane Bookfest Gift Voucher valid for 12 months, and a chance to vlog inside our next Bookfest. This may include access to event set up, an interview with a Lifeline Bookfest event manager and the opportunity to video document your time at Bookfest.
- The winner and runners-up will be announced on Friday 13 July on our Facebook page and you will be notified by email, phone or via Facebook message.
- At our sole discretion, we may post links to the winning video and the two runner-up videos on our Facebook page.
- Your video remains your property, however you agree that we may use it for an unlimited time and without further restriction as part of marketing activities, including promoting future Bookfests via our Facebook page, website and through electronic direct mail.
- You must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as the terms, conditions, guidelines and policies of Facebook, YouTube, and any social media platform or service that you use in connection with the content of your video.
- Any illegal activity conducted in the video will be flagged with Youtube to be removed.
- Comments must be made in good taste and be free of inappropriate language and/or content that promotes bigotry, racism or discrimination against an individual based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- If your video contains photographs, you warrant that you personally took the photographs or that you received permission to use the photographs from the person who did.
- If your video contains interviews with other people, you will be solely responsible for obtaining their written permission.
- We are not responsible for entries that are not valid or not received for any reason, including but not limited to errors, delays, technical failures, or alteration.
- The laws of Queensland govern this competition.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any individual believed to have breached any of these conditions, or believed to have engaged in unlawful or improper conduct.
- Bookfest Gift Vouchers are not for resale and are not redeemable for cash. We are not responsible if a voucher is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission and no replacement will be provided in these circumstances.
- Prize value amounts are specified in Australian dollars.
Frequently asked questions
What do I need to say about Bookfest and Lifeline and how much exactly? We’re not asking you to recite anything or dedicate your whole video to promoting Lifeline or Bookfest. We want you to keep to your own style, just tell people where you got the books from and a little about the good work that Lifeline does in the community. You can visit the Lifeline Queensland webpage or take a look at this Lifeline Brisbane Bookfest media release which contains some helpful facts about Bookfest and Lifeline.
How many books do I need to Vlog about? You can vlog about one book or many. It’s your video so just do what works for you.
How will the winning videos be judged? Representatives from Lifeline Queensland will judge the videos. We’re not looking for the video with the most views or the video that mentions Bookfest the most. We’ll be looking at presentation style and content. Be entertaining, informative, quirky or innovative, whatever your style may be.
Can I film inside Bookfest? Videos have been created with shots inside Lifeline Bookfest before. If you do shoot inside Bookfest, please be mindful of other customers and their experience and their right to privacy. Please refrain from interviewing any customers that you don’t know. If you do film other people, you will be solely responsible for obtaining their written permission.
How will you promote the winning video on Facebook? A link to the winning video with a thumbnail will be posted on our Facebook page.