Alternative, Atlases, Australiana, Autobiographies and Biographies, Children’s, Cooking, Crafts, Dictionaries, DIY, Exercise/Diet/Health, Fantasy, Gardening, History, Hobbies, Humour, Maternity, Mills and Boon, Non-Fiction, Planes/Trains/Cars, Poetry, Reader’s Digest, Religion, Science Fiction, Sports, Textbooks, Travel, War, Wildlife, Witchcraft/Dreams/Tarot
lifeline bookfest MACKAY
When: 5 - 8 July,
9am to 4pm
Where: Paxton Markets,
River Street, Mackay QLD
Cost: Entry is free; books can be purchased with cash or via EFTPOS
Stock up on great reads from as little as $1, plus women’s clothing from $2 apiece and kids’ clothing from $1 apiece
Children’s books are available at 10 for $2, and there are also CDs, DVDs, games and puzzles to explore.
- Sausage sizzle and drinks for sale.
- ATM close by.
- No trolleys, but some baskets available.
- Bring your own bags – or purchase an environmentally friendly bag ($1).
- Wheelchair access via ramp at side of building.
- Daily prizes of $50 Bookfest vouchers* up for grabs. *Terms and conditions apply
Parking and transport
- Free parking on site
- Travel with Uber – discounted offer for first-time Uber users! Up to $20 off a first-time user journey. Download the app, sign up, and when booking your journey to or from Bookfest, input the code BOOKFEST18 to get up to $20 off.
Money raised at Bookfest supports the 24-hour Lifeline 13 11 14 Crisis Support Line. This life-saving service offers suicide prevention and bereavement support over the telephone, as well as family and crisis support – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Money raised also supports UnitingCare Community programs for individuals, families and children in crisis.
Never miss Bookfest!
Sign up for a heads up on upcoming Bookfest events, event tips and competitions.
We would be delighted to accept your donation! Thanks so much for thinking of us.Donating anytime
We welcome donations all year round through your nearest:
Become a volunteer
Bookfest wouldn't happen without our wonderful volunteers! If you would like to lend a hand at the event, please let us know!